Monday, August 30, 2010

Bending Iron


Prayers at night (
Oekaku Deviantart)

When I was young on the Fourth of July
I'd go outside and watch the show in the sky
But little Fatima in Lebanon this July
Went outside and watched the fire chase her life
I'd laugh and play and make my parents smile
And she'd run for her life, that poor little child
So what do I do with these fond memories
When I wake up from nightmares and she lives bad dreams?

And Fatima sends word from Lebanon
that it's high time the world remembers Allah
And she don't have what she needs to survive
But we can bend iron with our Prayers at Night
Yes, we can bend iron with our Prayers at Night

Fatima runs while she yells to the world,
"Why do you scare me? I'm just a little girl.
What was my crime? What did I do wrong?
Now I'm just another note in the same sad song."

Fatima's eyes shift from side to side,
As she breathes in the pain that falls from the sky.
She's trapped in the street where she played with her friends,
Now the firewoerks that fall may carry my sins.

Well, Fatima sees angels whisk her away.
They say "Hush, now, girl, there's no pain today."
But before she goes, she looks me dead in my eyes,
And she says "Fear God", then you'll save my life.

Prayers at Night - Kareem Salama

P/S - Ramadhan Kareem, the last ten nights is our last resort.

1 comment:

rosso said...

dapat tak sms tadi mat.